Boucher Service Team
When people start thinking about pursuing a career in the car industry, most automatically think about positions on the sales side. However, they’d be mistaken to ignore the many possibilities the Service Department can provide within their own career path. At Boucher, we provide all the tools needed to be successful and develop within the company, along with competitive pay, health insurance, and paid vacation. Whether you’re just out of high school looking for an opportunity to grow, a tech school student or graduate looking for a chance to prove yourself, or simply just looking for a change of scenery, Boucher has you covered.
Service Helper | Service Helper is one of three entry level service positions Boucher currently offers. The primary focus of the Service Helper will be to help the Service Team wherever you can, including odd jobs and basic Service Department maintenance. Duties include:
- Maintaining / cleaning equipment in the shop
- Disposing of scrap metal / garbage
- Keeping the parking lot clean and making sure all cars are parked in the proper areas on the lot
- Keeping the general areas of the dealership clean (bathrooms, waiting rooms, coffee areas, etc.)
In addition, a proper candidate must have a positive attitude and the willingness to learn any other job that may be required.
Lot Attendant | Lot Attendant is one of three entry level service positions Boucher currently offers. The primary focus of the Lot Attendant is ensuring a well maintained car lot and building, along with moving new & customer vehicles. Duties include:
- Moving Customer vehicles efficiently and safely through facility.
- Maintaining service parking area, dealership lot, service area, and showroom appearance.
- Wash vehicles.
- Preparing vehicles for purchase.
- Performing seasonal snow removal tasks when required.
- Picking up & deliver parts, as needed.
- Delivering vehicles to correct locations and performing shuttle service.
In addition, a candidate for Lot Attendant must hold the safety of the customer and their vehicle as their highest priority.
Porter / Detailer | Porter / Detailer is one of three entry level service positions Boucher currently offers. The focus of the Porter / Detailer is cleaning & washing customer vehicles. Duties include:
- Cleaning vehicle’s interior and exterior.
- Operating hoses, vacuums, buffers, and other cleaning equipment; experience with buffers and extractors is a plus.
- Applying cleaning, restorative, and protective agents to maintain & enhance vehicle appearance.
- Inspecting vehicles for cleanliness.
- Moving & parking vehicles; delivering vehicles to correct locations and performing shuttle service.
Along with Lot Attendant, a Porter / Detailer must also prioritize the safety of each customer and their vehicle.
Lube Technician | Lube Technicians perform basic car maintenance on customer vehicles. Duties include:
- Performing Oil & Filter changes.
- Checking fluid levels and tire pressure.
- Performing Multi-Point Inspections to ensure vehicle safety.
With experience, Lube Technicians will also be given expanded responsibilities, learning intermediate maintenance tasks when called upon.
Service Adviser | Service Advisers are the face of the Service Department. They’re main focus is maintaining a positive relationship with each customer, ensuring their continued patronage with the dealership. Duties include:
- Listening to each customer’s descriptions of vehicle symptoms and determine automotive problems and services required.
- Examining vehicle maintenance records; determining warranty and service contract coverage.
- Providing vehicle service estimates.
- Arranging vehicle repair orders, acquiring customer signature, and entering repair order information into service database system.
- Keeping a friendly demeanor and attitude.
Along with being the point person between each customer and the Service Department, the Service Adviser must also have a high CSI (Customer Service Index) score. ADP experience is preferred.
Service Technician | Service Technicians diagnose and service all major repairs for vehicles. Duties include:
- Diagnosing mechanical problems.
- Testing parts and systems to ensure proper function.
- Servicing vehicles in a timely manner in accordance to manufacturer and dealership recommendations.
- Communicating with customers about their vehicle issues, repairs, and options.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of required skills and best practices by attending workshops, seminars, or classes.
- Following OSHA safety standards.
In addition, each candidate must provide their own tools. ASE & Manufacturer experience is a plus.
Service Manager | Service Managers oversee the Service Department, assigning duties to employees, maintaining quality of work & customer service, and achieving sales objectives. Duties include:
- Problem solving customer inquiries.
- Monitoring and developing processes to ensure high CSI (Customer Service Index) scores.
- Hiring & monitoring all service department employees.
- Operating and maintaining Service Department budgets to ensure department profitability.
- Working with marketing directives to promote new business.
- Providing training to new and existing employees; ensuring Service Technicians are up do date on training through workshops, seminars, or classes.
- Communicating with Manufacturer representatives on updated warranty and policy changes
Service Managers should have strong communication skills to work with customers, employees, and vendors. Candidates must have an extensive technical background along with business management training.
Fixed Operations Director | Fixed Operations Directors oversee the Service Departments, Parts Departments, and Body Shops of a select number of dealerships. Duties include:
- Working with managers to maintain and grow the profitability and efficiency of each fixed ops department.
- Hiring & monitoring all service, parts, and body shop managers.
- Operating and maintaining fixed operation budgets to ensure profitability
- Creating procedures and protocols to ensure positive relationships with employees, customers, and community.
- Spot checking departments to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and quality of work.
- Working with marketing directives to promote new business.
Fixed Operations Directors should demand high standards in all departments, while also encouraging growth and continued training for all employees. All candidates should have previous Service Manager experience, strong communication skills, and ASE training.
We currently have positions open for our eighteen dealerships throughout Southeastern Wisconsin catering to those looking for entry level positions and to those with a bit more experience beneath their belt. For more information on what’s available, check us out on Boucher.com/careers.