Tips to Keep Your Vehicle Looking New for Longer
It does not matter if we have a new or used vehicle, once we are in possession of a vehicle that is new to us, we want to keep it looking that way. There are a few things we can do to prevent the wear and tear on our vehicles, and this includes the interior. In this blog we will cover some easy ways we can keep our vehicles looking and running their best.
Keep Your Vehicle Running Like New
- Create a maintenance schedule and stick with it
- Regularly change the oil in your vehicle
- Have the tires rotated when your oil is changed
- Check your tire pressure a few times a year
- Have your battery tested every year
- Do not slam on the brakes
- Use the parking brake when you are in park
- Let your car warm up for a few minutes before driving
Read More: What Items Should You Not Leave in Your Car?
Keep Your Vehicle Looking Like New
- Park where the car is less likely to get scratched or experience tree sap
- If something is stuck to your car, remove it immediately
- Wash your car weekly by hand using a gentle soap
- Use a towel to gently dry your vehicle after washing it
- Avoid car washes, since they can damage paint
- Consider adding a paint protector guard to your vehicle
- Touch up paint chips when they occur
- Take care of the carpets and upholstery in the vehicle with regular cleaning
Read More: How Do You Jump-Start a Car?
Why Should You Keep Your Vehicle Looking Like New?
While some people do not care what their vehicle looks like to others, there are perks that come with putting in the extra effort. For starters, guests in your vehicle will be impressed with your level of care for your vehicle. As well, if you ever want to sell or trade-in your vehicle, you will be more likely to get more money if the car not only looks good but is in working order. With regular maintenance and care, you will save money and be happier with your vehicle in the long run.